About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rich dark Chocolate cake - the best I've ever baked!

I have been keeping insanely busy with an assignment that I am scheduled to complete by this weekend.I am really glad that I wrote my earlier post about my hair loss ordeal and how I got artichokes to make things better for me. So many of my friends dropped in to say that they felt encouraged about using artichokes for their hair loss problems. Many left a caring note.I am really overwhelmed by all yours thoughts. My preoccupation kept me from visiting each of your blogs and leaving a 'thank you' note - something that I try to do usually.But that does not mean that I felt any less. Thank you, my dear friends!
 The weather has been really going crazy here. After an impromptu snowfall curtain-raiser last week, that lasted just a day, the temperature soared up to almost 64 degrees this week. Leave alone snow, I can't even keep my woolens on when the sun is high up! And to add to that, the winds have been causing mayhem since last evening. I let open the windows in the den to let the spicy, cool winds blow in and how I loved it swoosh into the room swaying against the blinds.Sipping on a cup of hot lemon tea, a light crocheted shawl draped lightly around my shoulders, I watched amused as a flock of geese cackled happily and scurried about in the choppy waters of the lake overlooking my balcony.Mesmerizing wonders of nature that make you forget everything else!
 A couple of weeks back, I had baked the richest, densest and most fabulously moist Chocolate cake I have ever baked!It had a gnarled appearance on the surface owing to the richness bursting through from inside - but I felt so rewarded when I took a bite.Have been saving it up in my draft to share with you friends. So for today's post, here is the recipe for a lovely moist Chocolate cake. Stay well and keep well till next time!


Rich dark Chocolate cake
You will need:
All purpose flour - 2 and 1/2 cups
Unsweetened dark cocoa - 1/2 cup (I used Hersheys)
Granulated sugar - 1 and 3/4th cups
Baking soda - 2 teaspoons
Melted Butter - 2/3rd cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp
2 large eggs
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Plain Yogurt - 1 cup
Boiling water - 1 cup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1/2 cup


How I made it:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a square baking tin with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, add the sugar and dark cocoa and mix. Next add the flour, baking soda and salt to the sugar and cocoa and give another good mix.Keep aside for a minute or two.


3. Next add in all the wet ingredients one by one except the boiling water - eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and plain yogurt. Using  an electric beater or a slotted spatula, start whipping and mixing everything together. The batter will eventually become a bit heavy, when you will need to add the boiling water little at a time to make the batter pliable.


4. When the batter is done, transfer to the baking tin. strew the semi-sweet chocolate chips evenly on top of the batter so that the chocolate chips are visible and soft on the surface when the cake is finally baked.
 5. Bake on high for 30-35 minutes and when a toothpick comes out clean, you know your cake is done. Cool on a cooling rack or just like that before serving. You may top with whipped cream or ice-cream if you wish, but for me - just the cake as such tasted divine. Do give it a try!

Linking this to 'Death by Chocolate Blog Hop' being hosted by The Hungry Australian.  
 
Check out the Blog Hop and join in the fun by linking up your entries below!

45 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Sudha, your chocolate cake sure looks tempting, very delicious. This is to die for, forget about diet, can I have 1 slice? LOL Have a nice day.

notyet100 said...

Umm this looks yum,,even I baked something chocolaty :)

Bizzy Lizzy's Good Things said...

Definitely a chocolate indulgence! Best wishes!

faseela said...

wow......that is really awesome dear....chocolate cake is all time fav.....cant resist seeing this dear.....superb...shuld give a try 4 sure

JJ @ 84thand3rd said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for joining the hop!

Christina @ The Hungry Australian said...

This looks very rich and very delicious - definitely Death by Chocolate!
So glad you were able to join this bloghop. Best wishes for your ongoing health issues.

Julie at Burnt Carrots said...

This is killing me! We have a little over one week left of our Paleo challenge and all I want is this cake!

Aarthi said...

Awesome recipe..A must ty one

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Indulge said...

this is definitely a death by chocolate kind of cake. The weather here in NJ is also becoming unpredictable. The days are very cold and weekends are all rains. Still no Snow. Makes me sad and happy at the the same time. Want some snow to wash off the allergies and virus in the air but the thght of all the shoveling gives me pain. Njoii the warm days while they last.
Love Ash.

Athisaya Divya said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. That is one luscious chocolate cake!

The Better Baker said...

Oh how awesome that cake looks - I'm sure it's very tasty. Love the blog hop - thanks for sharing it all.

Lizzy said...

Yum, yum, yum!!! I think you know my family would go crazy for this cake!!! So fun to have you in the Death by Chocolate Blog hop :) I finally made a yummy lentil soup, but I think the month will run out before I get to blog about it :( But I will get to it eventually...it's really yummy! Have a great week, my friend!

Jennifer A. Wickes said...

This looks delicious. I love the name of your blog!

Amina Khaleel said...

your chocolate cake looks so delicious... i am sure it would have tasted great...

Blackswan said...

Hey Sudha, this is amazingly lovely! I could smell it from all the way here. Lol! So may I have some pls? Hahaha!

Ann said...

YUM! I sure do love anything chocolate! This certainly looks rich and dense! YUM!

Umm Mymoonah said...

OMG! Absolutely delicious,love it with the oozing chocolate inside.

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

oh my goodness... look at all that chocolatey deleciousness packed in a cake! its making me bake one right now :)

Elpiniki said...

This looks delicious!
I just found your blog and loved it! Am a happy follower now!
Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com

kankana said...

I love dark chocolate and so this cake is a sure shot fav of mine!

Tina said...

Love the theme of this blog hop! The picture of your cake really draws you in. The dark almost black cake tells me that this is rich and decadent. Also, you can get a pop of a chocolate chip in your bite. All of those factors do make it a winner in my book! Chocoholics will come running for this one. Great post.

maha said...

wow..cake looks simply delicious..it just tempting me.adding chips gives a crunchy and sweet taste to the cake...loved it

http://thenovicehousewife.wordpress.com said...

The cake does look sinfully good! I finally got the Liebster award post up! Thanks for passing it along to me and sorry for the delay!

By the way, artichoke for hair loss- I need that! Thanks for the tip!

Now Serving said...

First time here and the event that you are hosting sounds funny and great! Death by Chocolate, but what a way to go, no?
Haven't been busy baking much - New Year resolve to cut back on the dessert front - Enjoyed my visit here and will be back. Please do stop by my blog and love to have your join my culinary adventures too :) cheers, priya

Claudia said...

You're killing me softly here! I am "mindfully eating" and today have been craving sweets. And here you are with the most moist, deep, rich chocolate cake - I am in danger of baking it. And eating all of it.

kitty said...

This sounds so incredible, Sudha! I LOVE chocolate & adore the deep, dark flavor of it. Your cake would surely hit the spot for me. Thanks for sharing & have a wonderful weekend!

Balvinder Ubi said...

Well, it does look rich and dark.

Nithu Bala said...

Cake is so delicious..You have a wonderful blog..happy to follow you..drop at my blog when you have time:-)

LinsFood (Azlin Bloor) said...

Looks heavenly! Just the sort of indulgent food on a cold, rainy day! xx

Mira Hair Oil said...

Ways to Increase Hair Growth

Whiles it is true that on average the rate of hair growth is between half an inch a month. You can take steps to boost this number with some simple tips.

Tip #1 - You want to make sure you are taking in only clean and healthy foods. The cleaner your organs and system the faster your mane will grow. So take steps to decrease sugar, fat and salt from your diet.

Tip #2 - Get extra blood to flow to your scalp. Nothing is better than a scalp massage. A good scalp massage will send blood to the scalp which will help make hair grow faster.

Tip #3 - Use a hair growth product called Mira hair oil if you wish to make hair grow faster. This is a herbal oil that has all the oils and herbs your hair needs to grow even faster.

Mira Hair Oil has produced significant results on many users who experiences limited hair growth, damaged and dry hair, premature greying, hair loss, dandruff and brittle hair. Visible results are seen in 3-4 weeks of use on the majority of users.

Mira Hair Oil Review

Hema said...

Love the dark color, I could've a piece with my coffee or tea..

Anonymous said...

Excellent items from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely wonderful. I actually like what you have got here, certainly like what you are saying and the way in which through which you say it. You are making it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it sensible. I can not wait to learn much more from you. This is really a great web site.

Here is my weblog ... ads shown

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my problem. You are wonderful! Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my blog ... traditional life insurance policies

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed
reading it, you can be a great author. I will make certain to
bookmark your blog and definitely will come back in the foreseeable future.
I want to encourage you to definitely continue
your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!

Here is my blog post brands of coffee

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I seem to have clicked on the
-Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a
comment is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there
an easy method you can remove me from that service?

Cheers!

Look into my web-site :: http://www.american-ss.net/muscle-building/online-urban-clothing-stores-top-tips-for-choosing-the-right-clothes/

Anonymous said...

Aw, this ωas an exceptiοnally good post.
Sρenԁing some time and actual effоrt to proԁuce a really good article…
but ωhat сan Ι say… I heѕitate a whole lot and don't manage to get anything done.

Also visit my web site ... hcg drops

Anonymous said...

Hi, yes this post is genuinely pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it
about blogging. thanks.

Here is my weblog; http://ticketsfor.info/you-can-find-great-junior-clothing-stores-online

Anonymous said...

I'm now not positive the place you're getting your information,
but great topic. I needs to spend some time studying much more or understanding more.
Thanks for fantastic information I used to be searching for
this information for my mission.

Also visit my weblog ... Highly Recommended Resource Site

Anonymous said...

It's in reality a great and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

Feel free to visit my blog - florist career

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I
never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.

In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made
good content as you did, the internet will
be a lot more useful than ever before.

my blog - centre chiropratique sherbrooke

Lori Lori said...

This cake recipe is soo much yammy. I like this recipe.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp768jX5y5Q

el tagm3 cleaning said...


شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض

شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض

شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض

شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض

شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض

شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل

شركة عزل بالرياض

شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض

شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض

شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض

شركة دهانات بالرياض

شركة ترميمات بالرياض

el tagm3 cleaning said...

شركة تنظيف بالرياض

شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض

شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض

شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض

شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض

شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض

شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض

شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض

شركة تسليك مجاري بالرياض

شركة شفط بيارات بالرياض

شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض

شركة نظافة بالرياض

شركة نظافة

wareth youssefe said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالطائف

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقصيم

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة

شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة

شركة مكافحة حشرات بحائل

شركة مكافحة حشرات بخميس مشيط

شركة مكافحة حشرات بمكة

شركة نقل اثاث بالخرج

شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام

شركة نقل اثاث بالقصيم

شركة نقل اثاث بالمدينة المنورة

شركة نقل اثاث بحائل

شركة نقل عفش بالطائف

شركة نقل عفش بخميس مشيط

عزل الاسطح

عزل مائي

كشف تسربات المياه

كشف تسربات المياه بالخرج

كشف تسربات المياه بالطائف

نقل اثاث بجدة

RAGAB KAMAL said...





شركة الكمال أفضل شركة تنظيف بحائل للتنظيف أهمية كبرى فى حياة الفرد وبالأخص المواطن

السعودى مما
يؤدى ذالك إلى تعرض المنزل بشكل كبير إلى الأتربة والأوساخ والبقع والدهون وأن نظافة

المنزل تشعر الفرد بالراحة
النفسية الكبيرة وتتكفل شركة الكمال بهذا العمل لأنها أفضل


شركة تنظيف بحائل

ولانها الشركة الرائدة
والمشهود لها بالفضلى فى هذا المجال من النظافة لوجود المقومات التى تساعد على ذالك منها

العمالة المدربة وذوى الخبرة
والكفاءة مع وجود أحدث معدات التنظيف للفلل التى تساعد على إنهاء العمل بكفاءة ونهتم كثيرا

بأراء عملائنا فى


شركة تنظيف فلل بحائل

ويقوم طاقم العمل بتنظيف الشقه بدون التسبب بأى إزعاج للعميل فلا تتباطؤ فى إختيار شركة

الكمال لتنظيف منزلكم لأنها أفضل


شركة تنظيف شقق بحائل

ولأن تنظيف المجالس يحتاج إلى وقت وجهد كبير فشركة الكمال أفضل شركة تنظيف
مجالس بحائل كفيلة بتنظيف مجلسك فى أسرع وقت وبدون جهد وبالتالى شركة الكمال هى الحل

الأمثل فى فى مجال تنظيف المجالس
بحائل ونحن بانتظاركم لتتصلوا على


شركة تنظيف مجالس بحائل

وأفضل مايميز شركة العربى أفضل شركة تنظيف منازل بحائل وضعها للخطط قبل البدء فى
شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بحائل
شركة تنظيف سجاد

وموكيت بحائل

العمل وتقسيم طاقمها إلى
مجموعات كل منها مختص بتنظيف جزء معين وتمر عملية التنظيف على عدة مراحل :-
1- البدء بتنظيف الموكيت والكنب والمفروشات والسجاد بالأعتماد على أحدث المعدات

الألكترونية التى تعمل بالبخار لكى
تقضى على المشاكل التقليدية للتنظيف وهى بهتان اللون وبذالك قمنا بالأعتماد على البخار فى

إزالة الأوساخ والبقع
2- ثم بعد ذالك يأتى دور البلاط والأرضيات فيقوم العمال بجلى البلاط والأرضيات بأحدث

ألالآت جلى البلاط والأرضيات


شركة تنظيف واجهات بحائل

شركة الكمال أفضل شركة تنظيف خزانات بحائل نظرا لارتفاع درجات الحرارة فى حائل وفى
غيرها من باقى مدن
المملكة ووجود مياه البحر المحلاة التى تحمل الكثير من الرمال والأتربة مما يؤدى
ذالك إلى تكون الفطريات والجراثيم على
جدران الخزان ويؤدى ذالك إلى تلوث المياه والتى بدورها تؤدى إلى تسمم الفرد إذا فما الحل ؟
الحل تقدمه لكم شركة العربى وهى أفضل
شركة الكمال أفضل (( شركة كشف تسربات المياه بحائل )) نسعى فى شركة الكمال بتقديم كافة

خدمات كشف تسربات المياه ويتم كشف تسربات المياه بأحدث
الأجهزة الألكترونية و طاقم عمل يتكون من فنيين وخبراء منهم فنيين أجانب ونسعى جاهدين

لتقديم أفضل خدمة بأقل سعر وإرضاء العميل واسعارنا حصرية لا تقبل المنافسة لدينا فى


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بحائل

شركة الكمال أفضل (( شركة نقل عفش بحائل )) نقل العفش من الأمور الهامة جدا (( شركة نقل

عفش بحائل )) التى يلزم فبها الدقة والخبرة للحد ولذالك خصصنا قسما فى شركتنا لمجال
نقل العفش مع تجهيزه :-
1- أسطول كبير من السياراة المجهزة والتى (( شركة نقل عفش بحائل )) أعدن خصيصا

لنقل العفش
2- طافم العمل المدرب على حمل وتنزيل العفش والأثاث
3- فنيين متخصصين فى الفك والتركيب (( شركة نقل عفش بحائل ))
ومايجعل نقل الاثاث من أشهر الخدمات التى يكثر عليها الطلب هوا أن معظم العملاء يقومون

بتغيير عفشهم القديم أكثر من مرة فى العام ويرجع ذالك أيضا إلى أنا
العملاء يقومون بتأجير الفلل والقصور والشقق وذالك لأنهم يحبون تغير الجو ولذالك يكون اعتما

نا فى شركة العربى على أحسن تقنيات نقل الاثاث بداخل وخارج
حائل ونقل الاثاث من الأعمال شديدة الكثافة لذا تحتاج إلى


شركة نقل اثاث بحائل

دقة عالية ومهارة فى فك العفش وحمله وإنزاله إلى السياراة وتغليفه لتقليل من شدة الصدمات

وعدم
تعرضه للكسر وللخدش أيضا ونستخدم فى شركة العربى أفضل وأحدث السيارات المجهزة

خصيصا لنقل العفش

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!