About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Friday, January 6, 2012

Homemade Thin crust Chicken Pizza

I love to live life as if there was no yesterday and there is no tomorrow.There is just today.
 But there are times when I just sit back and reminisce about fond memories that seem as clear as crystal in my mind - almost as if things happened just yesterday!Just like the other day, when I was letting my mind wander, I remembered how I had wrapped up work early and whisked off my Maa on her birthday to a nearby pizza corner just a couple of years back. It was a total surprise to her - and how I had loved the expression of awestruck happiness on her face.I ordered her favorite chicken pizza and we hit off like two old chums, gorging on the pizza and guzzling down bottles of Coke - my Maa had become my age that day!I smiled to myself when I thought of this and the next moment I was on the phone, talking to my Maa. Bless the inventor of telephones - this is the only thing that keeps me so close to the people I love back home!
  The industrious person that my Maa is, she was the first to suggest that I should try making my own pizza at home. I had this recipe for making pizza from a close friend who is quite renowned among friends for doling out yummy homemade pizza - but as usual, I had been too lazy to try. But this day, goaded by my ever-enthusiastic Maa, I decided to give it a try after all! Believe me, the result made me gloat with pride - I had baked my first homemade pizza and it had flown off in minutes (word had reached friends that I was on my newest venture and they had lost no time in fuelling my morale, as always!) So here goes my recipe for homemade thin-crust Chicken Pizza - and do not forget to chip in for the 'Love for Lentils' going on at my place!Be there friends!

Sending this to 'Full Plate Thursday' at Miz Helen's place, a 'DIY Blog Hop' at Katherine's and 'Midweek Fiesta # 14' at my dear friend Amy's!!

Homemade Thin-crust Chicken Pizza
You will need:
For the pizza dough:
All purpose Flour - 2 and 1/2 cups
Good quality active dry yeast - 1 packet
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Warm water - 1 and 1/2 cups
Olive oil/Canola oil - 2 and 1/2 tablespoons
Pinch of salt

For the pizza topping:
Onions - cubed
Green peppers - cubed
Bell peppers - cubed
Tomatoes - sliced
Spring onions - Chopped
Cooked white chicken strips - 1 cup
Cooked sweet corn - 1/2 cup
Any pizza sauce/salsa/tomato ketchup - 2 tablespoons
Shredded Mozzarella cheese - 3/4th of a cup
Italian seasoning
Salt to taste
Freshly ground Black pepper

How I made it:
1. To make the pizza dough, you will first need to do the proofing. For this, empty out the whole packet of active dry yeast into 1/2 a cup of warm water and leave it aside for 10 mins. After 10 mins, add a teaspoon of sugar to the yeast water and stir it well with a spoon. The water will have whitish foamy bubbles at the surface which will tell that the yeast has started working.

 2. Now add this yeast water to the all purpose flour along with the remaining 1 cup of warm water, olive or canola oil and salt. Knead the flour loosely with your fingertips and when everything comes together, take it out on the counter top and knead with the palm of your hand.When the dough is tight enough, put it in a bowl and cover it with a warm and damp cloth. Stick the covered dough in a warm place (I prefer the oven - it remains warm even when off) for about an hour.

3. After an hour, check the dough to see if it has doubled in size.If it has, then your pizza dough is done. Deflate the doubled up dough and knead another time and then separate out into two smaller balls (The measurement here makes up for 2 thin-crust pizzas). 

4. Rub the counter top with some flour and roll out the pizza dough roughly with a rolling pin. You might want to roll out as evenly as possible and as thinly as possible since this is a thin-crust pizza. The dough might be a bit slimy and elastic, so take the help of flour to help you roll out the pizza base.

5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Smear out pizza sauce or salsa or tomato ketchup on the pizza base and then spread out all the cubed and chopped veggies on top. Lay out the cooked pieces of white chicken and spread out the cooked sweet corn. As a last step, generously spread out the shredded mozzarella and top with a dusting of Italian seasoning, salt and freshly ground black pepper powder.
 6. Bake the pizza in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes.The cheese will melt and spread out evenly over the surface and you will know that the pizza is done when the base of the pizza is firm and crusty. Take the pizza out and enjoy your homemade delicious thin-crust chicken pizza with family and friends!

21 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Reva said...

Pizza looks super duper good..:)) Wonderful walk through memory lane dear..
It is always nice to see a smile on the faces of our dear ones..
Beautiful..
Reva

notyet100 said...

It's been so long since I baked one,..:)

faseela said...

lovely pizza.......bookmarked

Patsy said...

Sudha...this looks and sounds delicious. I have never madr pizza from scratch, but have always wanted to...maybe I will be adventurous enough to try this!

Indulge said...

We had a make your own pizza party for the new years eve.. and it was a blast. Just a note that you can replace the APF with 2/3rd whole wheat flour and 1/3 AFP and make the dough and ad dthe pizza seasonings like dry garlic/oregano/dry basil to the flour, the crust takes a unique taste. I always do it this way. They turn out to be fab.
Love Ash.

The Better Baker said...

Sudha! Thank you SO much for your lovely comment...that made me smile...at my blog, and for being my newest follower. Yippee!! I love what you are sharing here too...I already subscribed via email. Thanks for brightening my day. Keep on cookin! =)

Tina said...

I love pizza so much, but the issue is that I am extremely dehydrated after eating it. I am sure it is all the cured meats that it contains. I do need to switch to chicken to cut back on the sodium so I am glad to come across this delicious recipe.
Nice food memory this one brings up for you, funny how certain foods can really take you back.
Great Post!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Sudha, your pizza looks extremely delicious and I love the topping. Lovely picture and I cleaning my keyboard with my drools.... hahaha
have a nice weekend.

Sudha said...

Thanks for your kind words,Reva - really made my day:)Glad that you liked my recipe!

So now is the time to bake one, dear notyet100!!Thanks so much for coming:)

Made me so happy to know that you liked it, dear Faseela - thanks a bunch!

Sure do give it a try,Patsy!You will have loads of fun both baking and gorging on it - I promise:)Experiment with whatever toppings you like to put and it will be a keeper!!

Dear Ash,
Thanks so much for the tips!I'll surely try that out the next time bake another one.So happy to have you here:)

Dear Marsha,
Its such an honor that you stopped by!I've got a lot of things to learn from you - I absolutely love to bake and who better to guide me than you:)Thanks so much for subscribing and please do keep on coming back!

Dear Tina,
You are right about food bringing back memories - I'm often lost in days gone by when I'm cooking certain things.Sorry to know about your problem with sodium - I hope you can find the right kinds of food to have. Chicken is definitely a healthier option for many other factors as well like cholesterol levels, fat etc - so best of luck!

Thanks a ton, Amelia - that was so funny - made me laugh my heart out!:)So glad that you stopped by - have a great weekend dear!

Rathai said...

That is one well-made pizza. It's looks way too tempting. I wish I could reach out to grab one slice.

Kalyan said...

Just mouthwatering...looks so easy to prepare & delicious!

Lizzy Do said...

Wow, this looks wonderful, Sudha!!! I've never made chicken pizza but you've inspired me...mmmmmm.

PS...lentils are on my shopping list for today :)

Cake Duchess said...

Hi Suddha-I love making my own dough and yours looks just perfect. Lovely toppings. Hope you have a wonderful weekend:)

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

yum...looks so crispy & cheesy! :)

Kalyani's Platter said...

looks delicious and tempting clicks ....

DV said...

Seeing happiness in the eyes of loved ones is the best feeling EVER! Mums and daughters are really the best of friends!

Coming to the pizza recipe, the pictures look very tempting! I have been thinking to try making pizza from scratch at home, but been lazy as usual! :) Kudos on your wonderful attempt! :)

Miz Helen said...

Hi Sudha,
I just have some chopped chicken in the freezer from the last time I roasted a chicken, and now I know how I will use it. That pizza looks so good and I can't wait to make it. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Aarthi said...

They look mouthwatering...should try it soon..

First time here..You have lovely blog with awesome recipes…I am your new follower..Do check my blog if you have time..

Aarthi
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking pizza fabulously done
Thank you Sudha love hearing from you :)
happy hosting your lovely event hope to participate
regards Akheela

kitty said...

This sounds delicious, Sudha! I have been making homemade pizza for over 40 years now. Yours looks especially good!! Yea for you!!!!

Amy said...

sounds so interesting & tasty!!

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!