About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas with my Choco Fruit cake!!

Just two days to Christmas and then another brand New Year!New hopes,new plans,new wishes,new resolutions.The sun will set as usual on 31st evening and will rise again on 1st morning, just like any other day - but the morn will be a new one.

I am embarking on a week-long vacation starting tomorrow and will away from my blog during this time.For Christmas this year, I baked a Chocolate fruit cake for my family and friends.It was a bit different from the usual Fruit cake because of the addition of chocolate - but the chocolate genuinely added to the depth of the fruit cake.I would love to share this recipe with you in my post today.Probably this is the last post from my den this year - hope to meet all of you again in the New Year.

Linking this recipe to 'Cooking Concepts # 6 - Chocolate Fest' at Srav's place!


Sending this to 'Full Plate Thursday' at Miz Helen's and 'Midweek Fiesta#10' at Amy's place!!  
 ~Wish everyone a very happy and Merry Christmas  and heartiest good wishes for a very Happy New Year 2012 to all of my readers!Meet you in 2012!~

Christmas Choco Fruit cake
You will need:
All purpose flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Light brown sugar - 1 and 1/4th cup
Dark cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
Instant coffee powder - 2 teaspoons
Butter - 1/2 cup,at room temperature
Cashew nuts, walnuts and almonds - 2 cups, finely chopped
Cranberries - Chopped
Glazed cherries - Chopped
Pineapple pieces - Chopped
Ginger - About an inch, finely chopped
2 large eggs
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
Salt - 1/4th teaspoon

How I made it:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line a round baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Take the fruits in a medium-sized bowl and add 2 teaspoons of flour and mix well.

3.Take a deep-bottomed bowl and cream together the butter and sugar till creamy.Next add in the eggs,one at a time and beat well after adding each egg.To the mixture, add in the dark cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda, vanilla extract,salt and chopped ginger and give a good round of mixing.

4. Next add in the nuts to the mixture and fold well with a wooden spatula. Add in the chopped fruits and fold together till everything comes together.

5. Now add the flour in batches to the wet mixture till all of it is incorporated well.Fold together into a fairly tight mixture.Note that this cake does not rise too much and is haevier than usual due to the presence of the chopped fruits and nuts.
 6. Pour the batter into the baking tin and bake in an oven for 70-80 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.allow to rest for one whole day before serving.The cake usually tastes moist and better one day later than instantly.Spread the joy in your home with others and may you have a very nice time.Stay well and keep well till we meet again:)

29 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Rathai said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family! I can't think of anything more Christmas than cakes. Thanks for posting this recipe.

Shri said...

Happy Holidays to you too; this looks to be a good recipe!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking fruit cake lovely pictures

Radhika said...

Lovely blog you have here. Baked goodies are too good. First time here and happy to follow you Sudha. Keep up the good work and Happy Holidays.

Indrani Bagchi said...

Hi Sudha,thanks a bunch for your encouraging and beautiful words!You are right...I guess I should blog more often...will definitely do that taking out time:) I really liked your blog, the design and the wonderful recipes that you've shared here.Merry Christmas and hope u have a great vacation!

faseela said...

chocolate luks superb...thanx 4 sharing...sure will miss ur awesome recipes ....

happy x mas , new year to you too....

Priya's Feast said...

Merry christmas...The cake luks stunning

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

looks yummy, with all the fruits & nuts :) perfect for christmas

Deeksha said...

Merry Christmas Dear.
Cake looks super delicious. Nice bake.

Rathai said...

Hi Sudha!

I hope you are having a wonderful vacation. I would like to pass on an award to you. Please check out my blog when you have some free-time.

http://rathaisrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/12/tekaka-and-inspirational-award.html

Miz Helen said...

When my Mother was with us she always wanted a nice fruit cake for the holidays. I will have to try your recipe, it looks very good, Sudha. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year and Abundant Blessings in 2012!
Miz Helen

Jaya said...

Happy New Year Sudha ..hugs and smiles

Shumaila said...

The fruitcake looks great! Hope you had a great week away! Happy New Year!

Swati Sapna said...

Fruit cake is the first thing that comes to mind during Christmas! Love the recipe :)

Sudha said...

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for coming here and for leaving me your kind thoughts!I hope everyone had a bright and happy Christmas and lovely New Year celebrations:)Do keep on coming back!

Amy said...

Looks so delicious.Fruit cake is a perfect treat for holiday season. Thanks a lot for linking with
Midweek Fiesta
Hope to see you on next week too.

Sravs said...

perfectly baked and yummy cake !! thanks for linking to the event !! Nice to know about you I am your happy follower !!

Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

Anonymous said...

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if
you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty
finding one? Thanks a lot!
My blog ... piano lessons

Anonymous said...

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the most useful sites on the net.

I'm going to recommend this blog!
My blog post : acne generally affects

Anonymous said...

For instance, Nike Dunk SB can assist a person to dunk by giving enough cushion.
Reviewing the buyers' remarks to decide the shop is trusted or not. In this article are numerous ideas to receive started off. If the figures include up, this may possibly be a wonderful month-to-month financial financial savings. http://www.airmaxcheapest.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

It is pretty handy to get this sort of designer
footwear at a reduce cost. Designer Air Max LTD sneakers are the
new model of the Nike shoes. Obtaining Particular appears 1st
in print, in Sunday editions of The Information-Gazette.
It is critical to get the proper shoe for all of your sporting activities.
http://www.airmaxcheapest.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

Generally, perfectly-cushioned sneakers supply equilibrium in
the path of runner. Air max sneakers ended up applied by sports activities
fanatics and youth alike due to the fact 1987. The
plan tends to exchange Air stream Utmost Ninety days in the latest several years.
Nike's most pricey which I will see about 40 million! http://www.airmax90s2013.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really
nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. All the best

Feel free to visit my web site ... michael kors

Anonymous said...

This post is invaluable. When can I find out more?

Also visit my web-site 激安プラダ バッグ

Anonymous said...

Whats up this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting
to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.

I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

my homepage ロレックスコピー時計

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog here! Also your website lots up fast!
What host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link to your host?
I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

My blog post ... discount oakley sunglasses

Anonymous said...

Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing these things,
therefore I am going to let know her.

my web-site; nike air max 2012

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just
your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all.

But imagine if you added some great graphics or video clips
to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent
but with images and video clips, this site could certainly be one of the
best in its field. Excellent blog!

Here is my web-site - Ray Ban Outlet

Anonymous said...

If some one needs to be updated with latest technologies therefore he must be go to see
this web site and be up to date everyday.

Here is my web blog ... Ray Ban Outlet

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!