About Me

My Photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Loading...

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Half n Half Chocolate muffins

I hate dreary winter afternoons.
 When the sun is lost somewhere behind the grey veneer of nebulous clouds. The sunrays steal fleeting glances at the darkened earth below and make haste in a jiffy.Slanting rays illuminate a part of the balcony and before you know it, the afternoon stealthily changes into evening.The streetlights knowingly blink to life.Winter evenings are much more better.The soft light pans out from the mustard-colored lampshade on the mahogany table by the window.Fills the room with a much-wanted warmth and comfort.The string of tiny lights draped by the sitting area window, run all the way along the lining of the blinds.I put then on and the dazzle of the lights brings back cheer into my home. Mindless banter, hearty laughter, sumptuous food, engrossing stories with friends - a distant throw from the smothering dankness of the cold, sunless winter afternoons.
 I have always wished this time of the year to linger just a bit longer.Like any other festivity, the time that runs down to Christmas, seems far more celebratory than just the day itself.The day finishes off just like that - feels like all the preparations, done all these months, gets wrapped up in seconds.And then ensues a year-long wait for everything to happen again.And that is when the heart becomes heavy.
 But just at this moment,what spruces me up like magic is Chocolate.I've read about the therapeutic effects of Chocolate in books and magazines but have not been able to fathom if that works for me as well.But I'm sure that anything chocolatey happening in my kitchen at such a melancholy moment definitely gives a me a kick every time!Which is why,I baked my half n half Chocolate muffins a couple of days back.It was another sunless,wintry day and I was feeling very run down, inspite of Christmas spirit in the air.So I baked my chocolate muffins with all the chocolate I had in my pantry which was both dark chocolate and milk chocolate.Hence the name Half n half!The Husband and I enjoyed the muffins with our pot of evening tea and before long the wintry blues were gone.So here goes the recipe for today's post - Happy Holidays everyone:)

Sending this to 'Full Plate Thursday' at Miz Helen's and 'Midweek Fiesta#10' at Amy's place!Also linking this recipe to 'Cooking Concepts # 6 - Chocolate Fest' at Srav's place!
Half n Half Chocolate muffins
You will need:
All purpose flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Light brown sugar - 1 and 1/4th cup
Warm milk - 1 cup
Dark cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
Milk chocolate  powder - 2 tablespoons
Instant coffee powder - 2 teaspoons
Warm water - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup.at room temperature
2 large eggs
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
Salt - 1/4th teaspoon

How I made them:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and butter the muffin tray. If you are using muffin molds, no need to butter the tray - just line the muffin molds. I like to bake my muffins without the molds and so need to butter the tray.

2. Take the cup of warm milk and add both the dark cocoa powder and milk chocolate and stir together well to form a smooth,silky mixture. To the cup of warm water, add the instant coffee powder and stir well.

3.Take a deep-bottomed bowl and cream together the butter and sugar till creamy.Next add in the eggs,one at a time and beat well after adding each egg.To the mixture, add in the chocolate milk and the coffee and give a good round of mixing.

4. In a separate bowl, sit together the flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in the flour mixture in batches to the wet mixture till all of it is incorporated well.Add in the vanilla extract and finish off with another stir.
 5. Pour the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 20-22 mins or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.Drizzle generously with honey and serve hot - will prove to be the perfect panacea for the winter day melancholia!

13 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Indrani Bagchi said...

Just lovely...want to have those!

faseela said...

lovely muffins...........superb dear..

Rumana Rawat said...

Very delicious muffins:)

Indulge said...

choc muffins are welcome anytime any day!
Love Ash.

Sudha said...

Hello Indrani,
Thanks so much for coming and for your kind words - following your beautiful place:)

Thanks a bunch,Faseela - love to see you here:)

Dear Rumana,
Thanks so much for dropping in and glad that you liked the recipe:)Follwing you beautiful space for your lovely recipes!

Thanks for coming,dear Ash!Muffins are just too close to my heart:)

Deeps @ Naughty Curry said...

nice idea, to throw in both kinds of chocolates.. it will look so pretty when bit into, plus u can never have enough of chocolate! :)

Padhu said...

Looks so tempting! Wish I could have some

Blackswan said...

Gosh, love these wonderful muffins! Can't never reject chocolate ones. Merry X'mas, dear!

Only Fish Recipes said...

wow...the muffins look delicious....perfectly made :-)

faseela said...

Please grab the award which is waiting for u at my space………..here z d link.
http://faseelanoushad.blogspot.com/2011/12/awards-time-inspirational-blog-award.html

Miz Helen said...

Sudha,
I really would love to be having one of these lovely muffins with my coffee. I just love the chocolate and coffee combination, yum! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year and Abundant Blessings in 2012!
Miz Helen

Amy said...

wow!!good for tea time.I am sure they become more delicious by adding coffee... Thanks a lot for linking with
Midweek Fiesta
Hope to see you on next week too.

Sravs said...

Nice muffins !! looks so delicious !! thanks for linking to the event !!

Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!