About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fried Pepper Tilapia - a new dish for a new predicament!

It is deep into the night now and I'm rapping on my keyboard buttons to type down this post.My laptop has recently been plagued with horrendous attacks of a nasty virus and that has been driving me nuts for the past couple of days.I had some very interesting recipes lined up to be posted - but grappling with this virus attack has sapped me of a major chunk of my energy and enthusiasm.I have been visiting blog posts from my friends and leaving comments to let them know how much I liked the recipes,but I kept feeling very lethargic when it came to posting one of my own.
It is a dire situation where some searches that I make on my Google browser undauntedly get redirected to some bogus advertising website.There are a couple of such advertising websites which seem to have creeped into the system and it is extremely irritating to endure this!I have been trying working on this with some reliable anti-malware resources and hope to get to the bottom of this pretty soon.If I can keep my patience and cool,that is!
For that, I'm trying to do what I love most doing - writing out a heart-to-heart blog post and ranting about one of my very own recipes!This is a very interesting recipe which I had rustled up just a couple of weeks back.It is a Tilapia fish recipe which is absolutely easy to make but is delectably tasty.Just check out about how I made it,give it a try with any improvisations if needed,and feed to your loved ones.Don't forget to let me know how things went-I plan to be back in the fray really soon again!


Sharing with 'Hearth and Soul blog hop and also sending this to  Amy's place for 'Midweek Fiesta # 8', 'Full Plate Thursday' at Miz Helen's and the 'Fish Blog Hop' at Katherine's place!!!


Fried Pepper Tilapia
You will need:
Boneless Tilapia fillets - 3
Green Peppers - Diced roughly
Onions - Diced into chunks,same size as the green peppers
Garlic - 2 cloves,finely minced
Spring onions - 3 sprigs,finely chopped
Tomato - Half; de-seeded and roughly diced
Green chilies - Finely chopped
Fresly ground Black Pepper - 2 teaspoons
Salt, to taste
Canola/Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons
Turmeric powder - a pinch


How I made it:
1. Rub the boneless Tilapia fillets with a pinch of turmeric and salt and leave for 1-15 mins.Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and when hot,release the Tilapia fillets.


2. Fry one side to a golden brown and then flip over to let the other side fry. When golden brown on both sides, scramble the fish fillets into rough chunks using the tip of the spatula.Drain on a kitchen towel and keep aside.


3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet and allow it to heat up slightly. Now add the minced garlic, green chilies, diced green peppers and onions and the chopped spring onions to the hot oil.Stir fry all the veggies with quick strokes and then add in the diced tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder to season the stir-fried veggies. When the rawness of the peppers disappers and they become soft and succulent, add the scrambled Tilapia fillets and mix everything together. Sprinkle a second round of black pepper to season the dish evenly.Serve hot with noodles or white rice, as a sandwich filling or simply shove your fork into this gorgeous dish and enjoy the taste of the juicy,spicy Tilapia as is.hope you will enjoy - stay well and have fun!

14 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Reva said...

Fish prepared this way looks awesome..:)) I can't wait to try this..:)
Reva

faseela said...

Luks delicious dear.........

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious flavourful fish combination

Amina said...

Fish looks fabulous... looks easy to prepare as well... hope your virus problem gets solved soon..

kitty said...

I love tilapia, Sudha, and this sounds wonderful!

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Hi Sudha, your tilapia dish look delicious and tempting. I always love fish dishes. Lovely photos too.
Thank you for your kind words in my blog. Have a nice day.

Sudha said...

Hi Reva,
Sure do give this a try - I'm sure you're going to love this:)Thanks a bunch for dropping in!

Thanks Faseela-so glad that you liked this dish!

Hi Akheela,
Lovely to see you here - thanks a ton for your sweet words dear:)

Hi Amina,
It is very very easy to prepare and you can get this ready in minutes,provided you have everything at hand,of course!Thanks so much for coming dear:)

Dear Kitty,
Thanks so much!!Glad that you liked this recipe and I hope you'll give it a try sometime:)

Hello Amelia,
Thanks a lot for the compliments-so happy to see you here and glad that you liked the dish:)

Jaya said...

delicious Sudha,
While marinating with holod+salt , drop in few tsp of lemon juice.seyi te aro taste bhalo hobe..fish keema/scramble recipe green vegetables diye aro bhalo hoyeche dekhte..hugs and smiles

Amy said...

So delicious & mouthwatering dish....Thanks a lot for sharing with my event....

Miz Helen said...

Sudha,
This Fried Pepper Tilapia is going to be so good with the green peppers. I can't wait to try this recipe, it looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Alea Milham said...

Your recipe sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

I'm sorry you have been having problems with malware - that can be a real nuisance!

This tilapia recipe sounds really delicious. I love the spices and fresh vegetables in it. Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul hop.

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy you new Red Plate and have a very Happy New Year!
Miz Helen

Pure Life said...

Thanks because of this! I've been searching all more than the web for that details.
Purelife Tilapia

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!