About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vanilla Chocolate chip muffins

I am still on a baking spree and I'm still working hard on revamping my home.Just like that!
This Saturday I visited a flea market just a few good minutes from my home. I had buzzed passed the tiny shop(or so it looked from outside!) umpteen times so far, and even though I wanted to have a quick peek almost every time, I was not getting a chance to. So this bright,sunny autumn morning, I entered the doors and was completely taken aback to see that it was actually a gargantuan warehouse that ran farther inside and was immaculately made up. The shop owners had created little cubicle-like partitions - each of which resembled a cozy home and had decorated the pieces on sale as if they were arranged inside that home. The unending stock bowled me over as I gaped at regal lampshades adorning ornate wooden tables replete with flower pots with pretty flower arrangements in them. On end of the shop was reserved only for books and what a world of books they were! I took a deep breath and breathed in the mustiness that hung heavily in the air. 
The stock was mostly second-hand, as it happens in most flea markets, but the nattiness of the whole area amazed me! Rather than feel like scuttling around for old and used wares, the magnetism of the shop lay in the fact that one could feel the urge of welcoming a bit of history from someone else's life into one's own by carrying something from here. I spent a good two hours just whiling around that place - to me it seemed like a place where every little item had a tale to tell. 
I finally settled on a fancy lampshade for my bedside table - the shade the color of toasted almond flakes. A bouquet of yellow roses in chiffon, ready to bloom, was next in line as a perfect complement to the lampshade.A potted pink Tulip next caught my eye and I scooped it up to keep atop my hazelnut-colored wooden closet.And last was a pair of beautiful candle holders, all entwined in rich amber-hued flowers and leaves as green as newborn blades of grass.I happily carried everything home, a huge contented smile dancing on my lips and could not stop smiling till I had set everything up and coo-cooed at every little detail in the room. The details that I had so painstakingly painted just to call this house my home.


Off with my recipe for Vanilla muffins stuffed with chocolate chips, that I had baked that very evening to enjoy the essence of all my daytime conquests with my family.This is a very easy and very quick recipe for muffins and thanks to Laura Vitale, for showing me the way. Do check out her blog for more lovely recipes!Till then...thanks for checking in and have fun!!


Sending this post to 'Midweek Fiesta # 3' a lovely blog event at Amy's place, 'Hearth and Soul Blog Hop # 15' and Zesty Palette Series #2 - Sinful Delights' at Vardhini's place!!!


Vanilla muffins with chocolate chips
You will need:


Dry ingredients:
Plain white all-purpose flour - 2 cups
Baking soda - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Instant coffee powder - 1 teaspoon
A pinch of salt
Dark chocolate chips - 1 cup


Wet ingredients:
Butter - 1/2 cup, melted
Canola oil - 1/2 cup
White castor sugar - 1/2 cup
Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup
Plain or Vanilla-flavored Yogurt - 2 tablespoons
Pure vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
2 large eggs


How I made it:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line each individual muffin holder in a muffin tray with butter.


2. In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients and blend everything together well. Now take 2 tablespoons of this dry flour mixture and add it to the bowl of chocolate chips. This will help the chocolate chips spread evenly throughout the muffins while they are baking and not huddle at the bottom.


3. In another bowl, take all the wet ingredients together and whisk everything together with an electric mixer or by hand.


4. Once down, add the dry flour mixture in small batches to the wet mixture and fold it in well. Keep on doing this till all of the dry mixture has blended in well. Now strew over the chocolate chips in dry flour and give another good mixing to bring everything together. 
5. Now ladle the batter  into each of the buttered muffin holders in the muffin tray. Pour just enough to fill up each holder and leave some space for the muffins to puff out.Let the muffins bake for 15-18 mins or till a toothpick comes out clean.The insides of the muffin should be soft and spongy. Enjoy the bites in between sips of tea or coffee!

18 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Faseela said...

Wow......luks yummy............

notyet100 said...

Muffins look so good,...

Reva said...

Yummy muffins... love to have it a steaming mug of hot chocolate..:)
Super good..
Reva

Ambreen said...

Delicious looking muffins, perfect with a cup of coffee.

Sharmila said...

They look beautiful! :-)

Sudha said...

Thanks so much Faseela:)

notyet100,glad that you liked them and seeing you after a looong time!Thanks so much for dropping in:)

Hello Reva,
That's a lovely idea - muffins and hot chocolate are a classic combination:)Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks a bunch,Ambreen:)So glad you came!

Hi Sharmila,
Thanks a lot dear!So glad to see you here:)

kitty said...

Mmmm, your muffins would be perfect with my egg in the morning!!!

Amina said...

muffins look delicious... perfect..

aipi said...

Ah! I’m craving for some muffins now! They look spot on!
USMasala

Kristi said...

Looks yummy! I'm excited about being the newest member of your blog. :) Thanks for finding me at Amy's Midweek Fiesta and joining my site too! - Kristi - www.cookingunbound.blogspot.com

Sudha said...

Great to know that,Kitty:)And thanks a bunch!

Thanks Amina - glad that you liked them:)

That makes me so happy,aipi - thanks so much for coming:)

Loved meerting you too,Kristi and thanks so much for following me:)

Amy said...

wow!!looks perfect!!& beautiful clicks...
Thanks for linking with Midweek Fiesta @every Wednesday
Hope to see you in next week too...

Swathi said...

Vanilla chocolate chip muffins looks awesome perfect. Love it . Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

Amelia's De-ssert said...

Delicious muffin and lovely color. Have a nice day.

Vani said...

Nice presentation dear..they r looking so lovely :)
Just followed your comment at my space and reached here..happy to follow u :)

Cheers!
Vani

Torviewtoronto said...

these muffins looks wonderful

Sudha said...

Thanks so much Amelia and really glad that ypu stopped by:)

Hello Akheela - thanks a bunch and hugs for you:)

Vardhini said...

Muffins look perfect and yummy. Thanks for dropping by and introducing me to this wonderful space and thx for linking to the event.

Vardhini
Event: Sinful Delights
Event: Stuffed Paratha

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!