About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Black & White Wednesday - Repose...

Lovely autumn is in full swing!The trees across my balcony are now covered in bright red and golden leaves instead of the usual green. Nature has its own magic at play.How else could one explain this dazzling canopy of red and gold against a sun-filled and clear azure sky?I just love gazing at the swaying branches for hours together and feel the tickle of the bittersweet autumn breeze sashay through my hair.


I have been baking cakes like a maniac for the past couple of weeks. Not because I need to bake them,but just because I want to try,try,try and finally succeed. I have never been too good at baking for the simple reason that it was not one of the commonest things that got cooked in my Maa's kitchen. She did have an old-fashioned cake oven that she used rarely. But after a minor mishap involving a blow-up, the cake oven went kaput and Maa never insisted much on getting it mended. So, store-bought cakes were more or less in vogue at our home.


Still Maa never hesitated to pass on her knowledge about baking cakes - the most important being that in baking,proportion does make a huge difference and one has to be very careful about that.All this got registered cozily in my mind but still I couldn't muster the courage to bake one of my own. Till I entered blog land!And all the awesome bakers out here with their lovely cakes left me absolutely breathless!I trudged with halting steps into baking territory, baking straight-shot cakes at first and carefully steering off fancy ones, but deep in my mind I longed to bake one.After a good number of trails,I did bake my first coming-of-age cake last week which was a simple fruit and nuts cake.
Once it was baked, I photographed my work of art with elan and mind-boggling satisfaction!I have tried to portray one of my photos in black and white and will be sending this to Susan's marvelous event Black & White Wednesdays at the Well-Seasoned Cook
I have titled it 'Repose...'.As for the recipe, it is a hackneyed one as you all might agree,but still I will share my version   for it in another post. Till then...happy cooking,happy baking and happy clicking everyone!

10 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Peggy said...

The cake is absolutely beautiful and I love the title of the photograph =)

Sudha said...

Hey Peggy,
That makes me so glad:)Thanks so much for coming and hope you have a good day!!

aipi said...

Beautifully captured!
USMasala

Sudha said...

Thanks a bunch,dear!!So glad to see you here:)

Jay said...

Hy sudha,
chanced upon your space while blog hopping..glad I stopped by.!
lovely space you have...nice cliks..!
very interesting presentation..
Am your happy follower now..:)
do stop by mine sometime.
Tasty Appetite

Sudha said...

Hi Jay,
Glad that you like my blog and thank for following:)I hope to bring you more interesting recipes,so do keep posted!Lovely having you here!

Rhonda said...

Baking...my nemesis. I just realized that I have never posted a cake on my blog....I should buckle down and try!

Nice picture and your cake looks lovely.

Sudha said...

Thanks so for for your kind words,Rhonda:)Glad that you liked it!Sure do give it a try and I shall be the first one to hop over to your place for a look - that's a promise!

Amy said...

Cake looks yummy even in B&W pic...First time here,you have a nice blog...

Sudha said...

Thanks so much Amy!Lovely to have you here:)

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!