About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lessons,laughter and friends for life - Choco Peanut Butter Brownie

It happens at times,that something we would love to see ourselves doing,intimidates us the most!For me,this has been baking.Which explains the very few baking recipes till now on my blog!


From when I was a little kid, I loved to gorge on cream-frosted cakes and chocolate cakes and have it all smudged around my mouth untidily! I could go to any gluttony extent to get a bite of one! There was this lady in our neighborhood who used to bake really lovely cakes.All the mother's would flock over to her to have a birthday cake baked for their childrens' birthdays. And what marvelous creations she would dole out - each one being a brand new idea! The one I distinctly remember is her rendition of 'The Old Woman Who Lived In a Shoe'. One had to pinch oneself to believe it was a homemade cake and that's exactly how gifted she was!It looked like a page out of the fairy tale book itself, replete with a scrawny  old woman in her black caper,  a mammoth shoe with a snout for a nose and a chimney at the top. We eyed the merry fondant kids perched about on the edges of the cake and greedily waited for the candles to be blown out.And then we were just unstoppable! 
Now, this lady happened to have a sweet little daughter who again happened to be in the same class as mine.We were never close friends till then and so on her birthday, I naturally did not get an invite. But deep in my heart I knew, that her mother would create something spectacular that day!Just the lure of that cake made my crafty brain run and guess what? By evening we were the best of friends!Not only was I invited,but we remained friends from then on!And I know she must be having a hearty laughter now if she gets to read this!


If I had a way to, I would surely get a lesson on making cakes now from my friend's mom.But that's not possible now. So all I could do was turn to talented bloggers in blog sphere who were philanthropic enough to share their recipes and tricks for baking.I use the word philanthropic because you just can't imagine how helpless and wasted you feel when you have an oven at home, a fridge full of eggs,butter,milk, a pantry full of baking powder,baking soda and cornstarch and what not,and still you stand in the middle of your kitchen scratching your head and totally dumbfounded with the self-doubt that you can possibly bake a good cake!
But no longer!The baking bug could not hold me back any longer, and so I finally decided to bake my Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie. I had planned to bake it for a little buddy of mine, a friend's daughter, on her birthday but I refrained from announcing that beforehand,lest I ruined their expectations by presenting a gory mess!Thankfully enough,it turned out just the way I wanted it to (my first literal success with something baked but not a cake!) and I believed that was the case,because I could not manage to take clicks of the Brownie blocks after cutting them up - that's actually how fast the morsels flew off!So all I have is photos of the just-out-of-the-oven version.Can you feel me gloating already??


Now coming back to what I started with, my fear of baking is a lot diminished now and I plan to move ahead with other recipes. I just wish I could be so bold with other things in life as well, say, like chucking my job and becoming a blogger full time!!Yaay,what fun that would be!! Only if that feeds me, that is!But that seems like a remote possibility as of now,cause I don't even get that many comments on my posts, haaah!!If someday I do, I'll definitely think of doing something that I love to so much, cooking for my loved ones and plonking down to my laptop to share them with whoever cares to drop by my place:) So long,enjoy the recipe and have fun!!


Linking this recipe to 'Tuesdays at the table','Tempt my tummy Tuesday' , 'Let's do Brunch' , 'Hearth and Soul Blog Hop # 69and 'Midweek Fiesta # 5'!


Also linking this recipe to 'Cooking Concepts # 6 - Chocolate Fest' at Srav's place!


Choco Peanut Butter Brownie
You will need:
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Castor or granulated sugar - 1 cup
Butter (at room temperature) - 1 and 1/2 sticks
Peanut Butter - 2 large tablespoonfuls (I used Skippy but any good quality Peanut Butter would be fine)
Eggs - 2
Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup (Use dark chocolate if you want a stronger chocolate flavor)
Instant Coffee powder - 2 teaspoons, mixed in half a cup pf lukewarm water
Vanilla essence - Half a teaspoon
Vanilla-flavored Yogurt (optional) - 1 and 1/2 tablespoons
Chopped walnuts


How I made it:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line the insides of a a baking tin or Brownie tin or Loaf tin with parchment paper and butter lightly.
2. In a mixing bowl, take the butter at room temperature and the sugar and cream till fluffy. Add the peanut butter and cream on further till it changes color to a slight peach and remains fluffy.
3. Next add the eggs one by one. After adding an egg, beat well till it is light and repeat after adding the second egg. The batter will start getting glossy by this time.
4. Next add in the Cocoa powder and after a quick beat, add in the coffee. The coffee actually helps enhance the flavor of the chocolate.
5. Add the Vanilla essence and vanilla-flavored Yogurt(if using) at this point and beat well. Now start adding the all-purpose flour and fold it in gently. Add the flour in batches and add the next batch only when the previous batch has been folded in well.
6. When all the flour has been folded in, add half of the chopped walnuts in the batter and mix well. Next pour the Brownie batter in the lined baking tin and strew the rest of the chopped walnuts evenly over the batter. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or till a toothpick comes out with slightly moist crumbs at the bottom. Cut them into blocks and serve. Enjoy!

7 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

wow, that sounds super yummy, choco and peanut butter in one, cannot go wrong there.

Alea Milham said...

What a delicious brownie recipe - my mouth is watering! Thank you for sharing your recipes with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

Sudha said...

Thanks Priya - the choco and peanut butter combo is actually one of my faves!

Hello Alea,
Glad that you liked the recipe - always a pleasure to share at Hearth and Soul!:)

Eddel29 said...

thanks for the easy to follow recipe.. i love this post. ill try this as soon as i can. :)

Charenn29 said...

Great! this is perfectly baked. .wanted to eat as good as this one.

Charley29 said...

great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)

Sravs said...

perfectly baked and looks so yummy !! thanks for linking to the event !!

Ongoing Event - CC-Chocolate Fest

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!