About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Monday, October 17, 2011

Lemony cooked Ziti pasta

I have been busy with a lot of things lately, but the major reason why I am not writing any posts regularly is because I'm falling short of  things to blabber about!
It's true that when I started out with this blog, I wanted to chronicle my culinary trysts and share them with others. But along with that, I also wanted to write about myself and the thoughts that I wantonly think about everything around me.But there have been days when had a recipe to write about but could not figure out what to chat about other than that!And that's what kept my recipe and my post waiting!
So for a couple of posts now,I'll talk a little less and write about the recipe and only the recipe.I was craving hot,spicy and cheesy rich homemade Pasta for a couple of days. So last week, while scouring the store for Pasta, I bumped into a packet of Ziti Pasta. Now I knew about Penne, Rotini, Tagliatelle, Fusilli, Fettucine, Spaghetti and Vermicelli, but I never knew that the hosepipe-shaped ones were called Ziti.Looking around for recipes I discovered that Ziti is mostly used in baked recipes,but I needed to cook it.So I thought about this recipe that has everything that a cooked Pasta dish has, dressed with a dash of tangy lemon and chilli.I really enjoyed it and hope you give it a try!Bon Appetit!


Linking this recipe to 'Presto Pasta Nights # 236' at 'The life & loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch', an event originally started by Ruth'Tuesdays at the table' and 'Hearth and Soul Blog Hop # 70'! Also sending this to 'Full Plate Thursday' at Miz Helen's and 'Midweek Fiesta # 3' a lovely blog event at Amy's place !


Lemony cooked Ziti pasta
You will need:
Ziti pasta - 250 gms
Butter - 2 tablespoons
White chicken, chopped into sizeable chunks
Red onions - 1 whole;cut into thin slivers
Spring onions - Finely chopped
Garlic cloves - 1-2;finely chopped
Green peppers, julienned
Bell peppers, julienned
Green chilies, finely chopped
Cauliflower - Cut into very small florets
Button mushrooms,finely chopped
Italian seasoning - I used the Supreme Traditional brand. It is a very spicy concoction of dried thyme, oregano, marjoram, basil,rosemary and sage leaves.
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
Canola oil (for cooking) - 2 tablespoons


For the dressing:
Juice of  a lemon
Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
Salt, for taste
Ground Black pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
Pickled chilies - 1 teaspoon or as per taste


How I made it:
1. Cook the Ziti pasta in boiling water till done. The Pasta should be firm and not squishy.Drain the Pasta and add a blob of butter to keep it oily.


2. In a pan, heat the cooking oil and butter together. Add the garlic cloves, green chilies and cauliflower florets to the hot oil and cook well till the cauliflower is cooked through.Next add the red slivered red onions,  spring onions and chunks of white chicken and mix everything together well.


3.Next add the julienned green peppers and bell peppers and the chopped button mushrooms. After a quick stir, add the cooked Ziti pasta and season generously with the Italian seasoning. Spread the shredded Mozzarella cheese on top and allow it melt.


4. For the seasoning, mix together the Olive oil, pickled chili, salt and black pepper powder till it reaches a spreading consistency.
5. Take the cooked Pasta off the flame and then drizzle over the lemon and chili dressing over the Pasta.Serve smoking hot and enjoy your cheesy lemony Pasta!

6 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Ruth Daniels said...

Love this type of pasta. Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. It's sure to be a hit with all of us!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Your lemony cooked Ziti Pasta sounds wonderful - what great, fresh, flavours. Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul hop.

Sudha said...

Thanks a bunch,Ruth!Glad to know that you liked it:)

Thanks April and hope you enjoy it!:)

Amy said...

wow!!looks so delicious!!!I am getting hungry!!
Thanks for linking with Midweek Fiesta @every Wednesday

Amy said...

oops!!I couldnt control my craving for pasta by seen this dish,Then I tried it,but with changes according to the ingredients I have...:)
Surprisingly I posted it after trying...check this post once you get free...
http://foodssrilanka.blogspot.com/2011/11/cheesy-spiral-pasta.html

Sudha said...

Thanks so much for your kind words,Amy and so glad that you tried out my recipe and enjoyed it!Will surely check out your blog for your version of this dish - I'm sure it will be wonderful:)

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!