About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Friday, August 19, 2011

Of forgetful minds and lazy bones - Egg and veggie Noodles

Morning 7 O’ Clock:
My alarm clock gives a piercing shriek and my peaceful slumber is rudely shaken. A distant part of my brain suddenly comes up with the word ‘Saturday!’ So it is a Saturday today, the day I’ve been waiting the whole week for! There’s so much work to be done. The newpaper needs a good leafing through, as if to do justice to the other days where a fleeting glimpse through the pages is all I can manage, the wardrobe needs to be tidied up, a new recipe waits for me to give it a try, a call to a friend who has tried to get hold of me the whole week through and has ultimately threatened to severe all ties lest I call her back at least once…so on and so forth and a long long list of tasks I need to do before the day ends. Worries pile atop my head…my mind ticks fast and tries to plan what to do after what…phew, sure will be a busy day!

Same day Night 10 O’ Clock:
I sit down to think….a busy day, it was supposed to be…the wardrobe will be the first thing to be dealt with next Saturday, of course that will be only after the new recipe is given a try…and not to forget my friend…ohh she’s a darling, when the ties have been so strong so long, hope just a week’s wait will never matter!! 
90% of the people in this big world must be procrastinators - I deliberately embed this thought in my mind to cover up the fact that I too am prey to this deadly human disease. Disease?? Or shall I say practice? Well, practice if it does not cross the limit of human endurance and not cause you much harm, but definitely a disease, if putting away tasks, even important ones for that matter, hinders the daily functioning of your life.

All said and done, the big question now is – was I actually cured?? Not quite!After all we are stubborn humans, aren't we!! But yes, I have tried and I’m still trying. The result: last weekend my wardrobe ultimately got tidied up and my friend is still there for me (God has been extremely generous in making her so kind!). The recipe got switched for a nice movie on TV……but some things after all have to be kept for the next weekend!:D And not to forget, happiness in my heart and peace in my mind. 
Well,the recipe that so waited to be tried was Noodles with egg and veggies - a simple dish but an absolute favorite!So here goes my recipe for today.Do let me know if you liked it - and yes, do not procrastinate in doing so!;)


Sending this post to 'Hearth and Soul Blog Hop # 62' , 'Let's Do Brunch' at April's and 'Full Plate Thursday' at Miz Helen's!!Also posting this to 'Workshop Wednesday' at 'Goodbye city, Hello suburbs!'

Veg 'n Egg Noodles
You will need:
Plain Noodles - 150 gms; boiled in salt water for 5-7 minutes and then drained.The noodle should have a texture and not be too soft.
Onions - 1 large; sliced very finely
Garlic - 2-3 fat cloves; sliced finely
Green peas - About 25 gms; fresh and soaked in water for 10-15 minutes
Green chilies - Finely chopped
Green/Red peppers - Finely chopped
Egg - 1 large
Freshly crushed black pepper
Dried Oregano
Salt to taste
Canola or vegetable oi for cooking
Tomato Ketchup


How I made it:
1. Boil the noodles in salt water and drain when the noodles are firm.Spread a tablespoon of Canola or vegetable oil and give a good stir to prevent the noodles from sticking together and being mushy.


2. In a wok, take 2 tablespoons of Canola oil and heat the oil. When the oil is hot enough, add the sliced garlic, onions, green chilies and green peppers.Stir fry with short strokes and next add in the green peas. Add a pinch of salt to retain the color of the veggies.
3. When the veggies are fried enough, add in the boiled and oiled noodles and mix everything together well.Sprinkle dried oregano and black pepper and allow everything to come together.
4. In a separate skillet, add a teaspoon of oil and when hot,break an egg into it.Allow the yolk to firm up and then scramble the egg.Add a pinch of salt and black pepper on top and spread the scrambled egg over the noodles.


5. When serving, mix everything together and drizzle with Tomato Ketchup after serving. The tangy flavor of the Ketchup highlights the comfort of the veggies and this makes this simple noodles dish such a tasty dish!

8 thoughtful musings left behind...:

poppilinnstudios said...

Oh that looks good! And, it's quick and easy. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm hungry-time to make dinner!
-Lynn

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hello Lynn,
It is indeed very easy-peasy,quick and healthy at the same time!I put in all that I had at home but you can add anything you want like mushrooms or sprouts or even shredded chicken!!
Thanks so much for stopping by - glad to have you here:)

Cheers!

Swathi said...

Vegge and egg in one pot meal that is too delish.Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Glad that you liked it Swathi!:)Thanks for stopping by!

Miz Helen said...

What a great dish. I just love the combination of flavors that you have in this recipe. I would love to try this dish. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come back soon!
Miz Helen

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

This sounds SO good! We love noodles in our house. Thank you for sharing another wonderful recipe!

Chaya said...

This recipe intrigues me which is why I chose it to be featured at Let's Do Brunch. Come on over and bring another star recipe with you.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Dear Miz Helen,
Glad that you like my recipe and thanks for stopping by!Always a pleasure:)

Hello April,
Noodles is a favorite at my place as well since it's so light and easy-to-make at the same time!Thanks so much for coming!

Hello Chaya,
This is sooooo amazing!!I'm absolutely overwhelmed - thanks so much and really glad that you liked my recipe:)

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!