About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Monday, July 18, 2011

A thought to go with my Mango flavored Crêpes!

It has been such an enriching experience blogging here for more than a year and fifty posts past.I love the thought of food and how the same food item is often cooked differently in every other person's kitchen. I like the little twist in taste just because someone uses a different spice.If I had my way, I would spent my life tapping on a new door everyday and venturing about the kitchen and finding out how the lady of the house cooked her stuff.Only that someone or the other would lose her patience and drive me out with a broomstick! After all who has the patience to endure an alien snooping about in her kitchen!


But this strange fancy of mine has found its place of fulfillment in the food blogging world. Sitting at my laptop, I get to see how people cook differently in their own way in their own kitchen. I get to see beautiful kitchen paraphernalia -  lovely cutlery, beautiful tableware, awe-inspiring arrangements - and so much more! I know this sounds absurd, but I hope you will not disagree if I say that these definitely add a zing to the food we make and post to our blogs.


And then how do I forgot the blogs with amazingly good photography! It is the camera that deserves the credit but the one who wields the camera need not be underestimated, nevertheless!What would a mere camera be without the wielders skill of camerawork and the acumen to execute it?
Whatever it may be, blogging has opened up a whole new world for me -  a world to speak my mind, a world to be creative, a world to let loose, a world to mingle...a world to take things off my mind, a world to forgive and forget, a world to stay happy in and a world to keep others happy!Has blogging done something similar to you as well? I would be so glad to know!


Coming back to food, I had this crazily obsessive craving for something sweet a couple of evenings ago. I'm not too much into sweets as such and hence I don't pine for sweets too often. But that day it was different!


I had bookmarked a lovely recipe from Miri's blog  - Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Lace Crêpes - I had fallen head-over-heels in love with the dish the first time I saw it!It was gorgeous! I checked out the list of ingredients and voila!I almost had all the ingredients at home except...errr....the Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate!But then I suddenly remembered two ripe Mangoes sulking in my refrigerator. Why not put them to use - thought my fertile mind!And so, taking a cue from Miri's recipe I thought of making Crêpes, albeit Mango flavored Crêpes. Thanks a ton, Miri for the incredibly amazing recipe! My Crêpes did not turn out to be the visual treat that Miri's Crêpes had - in fact, they turned out to be quite haggardly in that respect - nevertheless, they tasted good.So here goes my recipe - hope you enjoy it!

Sending this recipe to 'Tuesdays at the table' at Cole's place and Hearth and Soul Blog Hop # 57 !! Also this is my first entry to a beautiful little concept at Miz Helen's place named 'Full Plate Thursday'!! 


This also goes to one of my most favorite places - 'Fresh Food Friday' at Roz's place! Cheerio!


Mango flavored Crêpes
(Inspired by Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Lace Crêpes by Miri)


You will need:
All-purpose flour:  1 medium-sized cup (approx. 125 gms)
Ripe Mango - 2 (Puree the mango flesh in a blender to form a smooth paste)Eggs - 2
Powdered Sugar: 1/2 medium-sized cup 

Melted Butter - 2 tablespoons(approx. 100 gms)
Milk: 
1 medium-sized cup (approx. 125 ml)
Vanilla Essence - 1 and 1/2 teaspoonsSalt - A pinch



Melted butter to fry the crêpes


How I made it:
1. In a bowl, take the flour and powdered sugar and give it a good mix. Next add the Mango puree and mix everything together.


2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs till smooth. Please take care to use the eggs only after they have come down to room temperature, otherwise the batter may become lumpy. Add the melted butter and Vanilla essence and salt and beat everything together.


3. Now add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and give another good mix. Lastly, add in the milk a little at the time and keep on beating the mixture well to form a smooth and silky batter.


4. Heat a non-stick girdle or tava and smear it with some melted butter. Now take a ladleful  of the batter and pour it on the hot girdle making random patterns. You can make simple round crêpes if you want, but since the random designs was the beauty of Miri's dish, I tried to re-create that. 
5. Cook the crêpes till slightly golden brown. When done, roll over and serve hot with chilled Vanilla ice-cream.


Thanks once more for the lovely recipe, Miri!!:) I owe it to you!

12 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Miz Helen said...

Welcome to Full Plate Thursday! Your crepes are just beautiful and so full of flavor. A great dessert! I love your blog, and I am you newest follower. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again next week. Have a great week end!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hello dear,
So glad that you stopped by and it really humbles me to think that you like my blog so much!Thanks a bunch for following!I'll definitely be there again next Thursday:)

Cheers!

Torviewtoronto said...

this looks wonderful delicious flavour

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Thanks so much!Glad that you like it!:)

Candace said...

I have never made crepes before but I love anything with mangos! These look delicious.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Glad that you liked my recipe:) Thanks so much for stopping by,Candace!!

saffronstreaks said...

crepes are the delicate ones and with mango in it they are bound to be rich in flavour and taste. loved it

kankana said...

Thanks for the shout out dear.. i really hope I can share something this time :)

Wit,wok and wisdom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hello dear Saffronstreaks,
Thanks so much for coming and glad that you liked my recipe:)You have such a lovely place of your own dear - absolutely loved visiting your blog!

Kankana,
I'll wait very eagerly for your entry this time so dare not miss out!;) Thanks so much for coming!

Cheers!

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations you have been featured on Full Plate Thursday and What's For Dinner Next Week. Enjoy your Red Plate!
Miz Helen

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Thanks a bunch Miz Helen!I'm really glad and extremely honored:)

Cheers!

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!