About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Celebrating my 50th post with Pasta and Red Pepper sauce!

Guess what – I’ve reached my 50th post! Yipeeee!! Although I know I should’ve been here a long time back, I’m still pleased at myself, despite everything, for coming this far. Thanks to all my readers who have been dropping in time and again to take a peek at my humble recipes. And of course, how could I forget all of you who have been sweet enough to follow my blog! Thanks to you all!

This weekend has been one of the memorable weekends this year. Ensconced between Canada Day on July 1 and the Fourth of July, this weekend has been so perfectly placed. A good feeling pervades the mind as the week slowly draws towards the weekend – but I sometimes wonder, is there any reason in particular for which I should be happy for the weekend? Because almost all the household chores which I blissfully go on overseeing throughout the whole week wait patiently for me when weekend comes. And more often than not, my weekends turn out to be much more hectic than many workdays. Starting Monday, I start mentally listing all the tasks that I will oh-so-confidently take by the reins and work through during the weekend. By the time Saturday comes, the list grows so long that I mentally start calculating which tasks could actually be rolled over to the next weekend!

Inspite of all this, Friday night to me is the most coveted evening of the week. Feels like the precursor to a very eventful time! Eventful or not, the feeling I have is next two days of getting some time for myself. Friday night is the time when I can catch up on a nice movie for the simple reason that I do not have to worry about getting up early in the morning, even earlier than the alarm clock at times (phew!!). Friday night is the time when I can be experimental with my food – glut, gorge, binge or gourmandize – because I do not have to worry about being civilized in that respect. If anything goes wrong, I can pop a few pills and curl up in my bed and think of food all the day! This is how blatantly shameless I can actually afford to be!
Coming back to my blog, I would like to gloat about a very simple yet very tasty Pasta recipe that I had prepared a couple of days back. So far I had been having Pasta either with rich white sauce or with an assortment of veggies tossed together lightly. But this summer evening, I had been lusting to have something light yet spiced and on the whole tasty with a very lightly spiced sauce to go with it. And what better than a homemade Red Pepper sauce, which was not hot but flavored the sauce beautifully. So for today’s post, I would very gleefully like to share this recipe of mine with all my readers. Hope you give it a try and find it delightful enough to prepare it for your family! Happy cooking and happy weekend!


Sending this Pasta recipe to 'Presto Pasta Nights # 221' started by Ruth of 'Presto Pasta Nights' and being hosted by Helen at her place 'Fuss Free Flavors' this week!

This also goes to 'la bella vita' for 'Fresh Food Friday' at Roz's place!


Pasta with Red Pepper sauce
You will need:
Pasta – 200 gms. I used Fusili for this dish, but any Pasta of your choice will be good enough.
Minced Chicken – 125 gms
Onions – 1 whole; finely sliced
Peppers – Finely sliced
Garlic cloves – 8-9; Finely chop half of the cloves and puree the rest.
Tomato – 2 large; Finely pureed in a blender (you may remove the seeds, but I like to keep it on).
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Oregano – 2-3 teaspoons
Chili flakes – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 3 tablespoons
Salt to taste

How I made it:
1. In a deep-bottomed bowl, heat water and allow it to come to a boil. Once the water starts boiling, add a pinch of salt and add in the Pasta. Allow the Pasta to be boiled and once done, drain all the water and drop in a blob of butter to keep the Pasta from sticking.

2. In a skillet, take 2 tablespoons of butter and allow it to melt. Add the sliced garlic cloves, onions and peppers and give everything a good stir. Add a pinch of salt to cook the vegetables well.
3. When the onions turn slightly translucent, add in the minced chicken and give a good stir. Add a pinch of black pepper powder and sprinkle a dusting of oregano and cook over a slow flame. When the chicken starts getting a brownish hue, remove into a dish and keep aside.

4. Next, for the sauce, take 1 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet and allow it to melt. Once hot, add in the pureed garlic and fry lightly for a minute or two. Next add the chili flakes to the garlic and they will start to splutter. Add in the pureed tomato paste and give a good mix so that the garlic flavor incorporates well into the tomato paste. Keep the flame on high and allow the tomato puree to cook till it changes color from a pale red to a darker shade.

5. When the tomato paste is cooked, add a pinch of salt and pepper and a teaspoon of oregano. Blend well so that the sauce retains a runny consistency. In case the sauce becomes thickened, add a little water to make it lighter. Your Red Pepper sauce is ready!
6. Now in the serving dish, spread out the cooked Pasta first of all. Next, make a layer of the cooked minced chicken and veggies on top of the Pasta. To finish it up, generously ladle out a good portion of the Red Pepper sauce and spread it all over the Pasta. Serve piping hot and enjoy Pasta with Red Pepper sauce! 

8 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal said...

Congrats on completing 50th post dear. Keep rocking :)

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Dear Priya,
Thanks so much for the wishes and glad that you dropped by!:)

Cheers!

The Food Hunter said...

great job...on the posts and the pasta.

Corina said...

Sounds lovely. I'd probably add a little grated cheese just to finish it off too. I'm addicted to cheese on my pasta.

Jennifurla said...

Great for 50 posts! Lovely recipe.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Dear Food Hunter,
Thanks so much for stopping by and thanks so much for the lovely wishes!:)

Hi Corina,
You are right about the cheese - that will really be a tasteful addition:)Thanks so much for drooping in!

Hey Jennifer!
Thanks so much for the wishes!:)You have such a lovely blog - I really enjoyed browsing through your recipes and loved the look of your place!Keep going!

Cheers and thanks to everyone!

Indie.Tea said...

Congrats on the 50th post!
And your pasta sounds delicious.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hello Indie.Tea,
Thanks so much for visiting my place and your wishes:) So glad that you liked my recipe!

Cheers!

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!