About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Friday, May 20, 2011

A tirade without a recipe - just for today!

So much has been happening in my life and yet I have been writing so little!


At times I wonder, I had started this blog as a keepsake of my thoughts,my ideas and what I feel about the world around.Basically this was a very stealthy way of coaxing my inner self to make itself shown.Yet there are things that I keep doubled up in my heart  - but no,I'm going to speak of such things today.


The Husband is having to move again to faraway climes.I absolutely dread this idea of us having to live away from each other even if it be for a short while.There are plans of me joining him shortly, but the exact duration of that 'shortly' part is still unbeknownst to both of us - and that is what irks me the most!Arrgghh - the uncertainties of life!Nevertheless, I know what happens does happen for the good and so I will be happy for him and for us.


But then there are graver situations.A friend is almost on the verge of losing a very close friend of hers to a terminal disease.The saddest part is that everything happened even before things could even sink in.It feels weird and unbelievable but then all I know is that its happening.At times I think it is so foolish that we bicker over things when everything is just as temporary as a mere pack of cards.And it feels selfish to think that I could be wallowing in self-pity when there are people suffering so much more!Life is such a strange jigsaw puzzle - you feel like you are putting things in place but however hard you try,you will have to struggle with that perfect piece which will just fit in and complete the puzzle!


Of much lesser importance is the part where I am haggling with this overworked brain of mine to make a crucial career decision.I have been biting my fingernails,surfing TV channels mindlessly,putting things in the wrong place and mulling over things which are absolutely out of my control!And after I have suffered a week of horrid sleepless nights and the sheep themselves have snoozed off because of the number of times I counted them back and forth - I have decided to give up and flow with the tide.And my decision is still unmade - poor me!


I know that all the way I have sounded like a crackpot, letting off a tirade like a pitiful maniac on the loose - but if you wish to believe me,I have been bungling under stress. But I hope to see things in a positive light and wish to bid the Husband a nice and sweet journey.


I shall be back soon with a nice recipe - but do excuse me for today.The blog and you,my dear blogger friends, have become such a habit,that it takes a lot to just stay away!


See you soon!Stay well and stay safe in the meantime!

6 thoughtful musings left behind...:

The knife said...

all the best and take care

WizzyTheStick said...

You have a lot on your plate right now that's for sure. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog! Love your tastebuds because your recipes are delicious. My son also travels a lot, and the first time away, his wife had to adjust. But she did and they Skype'd every night and texted/im'd and chatted by phone regularly. With today's technology, it's easy to keep in touch. Plus I called her a lot. Your bloggie friends will keep you busy and keep you company. Time will fly and you and hubby will be that much closer. Heads up! Spirits up! Keep busy, then rest well. Eat well and drink lots of water.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Dear all,

You have all cared to leave me your thoughts but I have been wicked enough not to give you a reply...my heartfelt apologies,dear friends!

Dear Knife,
Thanks so much...your kind words meant a lot!

Dear Wizzy,
Thanks for your kind words and for dropping by...time has really seen me through and things are a lot better now!Thanks so much!

My dear Anonymous,
That was so sweet of you!You are absolutely right - with today's advanced technology,the world seems to have come a lot closer.Just as your son's wife does,I too chat regularly with hubby dear now and it feels like he's speaking just from the room next door!:) And that actually takes the dread away!
Thanks so much for your kind words and gosh,am I glad to have such fabulous friends like you!:)
Do keep coming back,dear friend!

Take care everyone!

miri goes phishing! said...

hello...just reading this post of yours in a lot of ways feel like someone has written down my thoughts....all hasn't been good at my end either.....but the more i think about them n' worry...the more it turns out to scare me....but you know what...i started looking for flip sides...like what is the one thing that makes this bearable...or like whose benefit or what benefit am I in a situation that is worrying me...i mean walking away is always an option...maybe the last option...but its thr...but we choose to stay n' fight it...so there must be a good reason for it...try n' find that reason....it helped me a lot....sigh...its too long a comment....sorry...but i hope you find ur answers soon....

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

My dear Miri,
Never mind the long comment - it just means how much you care:)Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and letting me know how you feel...there absolutely has to be a reason in everything that happens.I am a firm believer in destiny and howmuchever you grumble and crib,what has to happen will happen!So better to spend time thinking constructively rather than mulling over things that we cannot control. I do hope things will definitely take a turn for the better at your end very soon...so stay happy,stay healthy and keep coming back!:)

Cheers!

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!