About Me

My Photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Loading...

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Announcing my first Blog event - Let's break Bread together!

For quite some time,I have been ruminating about the idea of hosting an event on my Blog. I have been hopping around events and have always been amazed by the indigenous creativity of so many wonderful bloggers out there. I guess that was what dared me to host one of my very own!
So here I am today,about to announce the first ever event on my Blog space:) The event is named 'Let's break Bread together'.As the name suggests,the theme is 'Bread'.I am a self-confessed Bread lover and am so enamored by the smell of freshly baked Bread that I can almost grab a loaf of bread hot from the oven and sink my teeth into it without much ado!I know I sound gluttonous - but that is actually the extent of my love affair with Bread - and hence the event!


To start off,the event is pretty pretty simple!You just need to rustle up any veg or non-veg dish which has a hint of Bread in it - it might be any sort of dish (either a pudding or a savory fry or a dessert or anything under the sun!).Just has to use Bread in whatever possible form. Or else it may just be plain and simple home-baked Bread! You can also send in any recipe wherein Bread might not be the base ingredient but may be used for any other purpose.Could it be any simpler guys?!?!?


So now for the Rules-
1. The post having the recipe on your blog should carry a link to this event page on my blog.
Also I would be more than glad if you can use the event badge above in your post or anywhere on your blog!
2. The post may be a recent one or an archived post - I wouldn't mind as long as it links back to this page!
3.I would love to have as many posts as you care to send me - but for time and space restrictions I would be glad to have a maximum of 2 entries per participant.
4.Please use the Linking up tool below to send your entries.
5. If for any reason you are unable to use the linking up tool,please send me the details of your entry in the following format to my mail id - the.chef.sings@gmail.com and I'll take care of the rest!


i. Blog post URL(not the Home page plz!)
ii. The name of your dish
iii. A photo of your dish that you want displayed


The event will be on from Mar 27 to April 22 - hence you've got lots of time to rush me a recipe! So start linking and hope you have fun!:)

49 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Great event! I just linked up 2 of my favorite breads. I don't have any breads posting this week or else I would have done a new one. I did put your button on the side of my blog, thanks!!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hi Debbie,
Those were two lovely recipes that you sent in!Thanks for linking up!

Rumana Rawat said...

Hello dear!!! thats a very interesting event, i will surely participate soon... i have a event running in my blog, do participate:)

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Thanks so much for coming Rumana!I'll look forward to you entry...visit u soon:)

Cheers!

Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know about your neat linky party. I linked up with my Lemon Cranberry Bread and my Orange Pull Apart loaf.

Kankana said...

Thanks for dropping by in my blog and letting me know of this. I love the idea. I don't make bread at home ..but i have yeast and all the required ingredients. This event might be exactly what i needed to make my first bread :) In the mean time I have something that I probably can share, but thought of clarifying.
It's an old post, where I made something like a fritter/deep fried with bread. Does that count ? could you please email me and let me know :) I am tweeting about this event!

shooting star said...

well...am just an amateur cook as far as baking goes...so wont be taking part...but am so interested in what other foodie bloggers might make..so will keep an eye out here!!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks so much for linking up!It was a pleasure that you dropped by!:)Hope to see you again soon!

Hello Kankana,
Sure it does count!Anything with Bread in will find a place in my event...it may be a pudding or a cutlet or just anything that you can think of:)
Never mind if it is an old post...as long as your link back to the event,it is absolutely fine by me!

Thanks so much for coming dear and start linking up!

Hi Shooting Star,
You are always welcome to my space!Do drop in whenever you feel like:)
Just to let you know,it doesn't always have to be baking bread..it may be just be anything that you can make with a hint of Bread...so rush up if you have any recipe with Bread in it:)

Thanks all for your lovely comments!
Cheers!

Malaysian Delicacies said...

Hi,
Good blog event.Have linked up.

Jane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me to link up! I added my Chocolate Banana Bread...it's a keeper! Have a great weekend!

~~louise~~ said...

What a fun event. I'm not much of a bread baker but I'll check my posts and see if I can find some thing to "play" with.

P.S. I popped in from My Creative Flavors. You sure have a tasty blog!!!

Thanks again...

Tina (PinayInTexas) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonia said...

You have got a lovely informative space. Thanks for stopping by my space and letting me knw abt the link, I did it and will be back soon.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hi MM,
Thanks so much for a fabulous recipe!Loved it!

Dear Jane,
You bet it is!You too have a lovely weekend and thanks for coming!:)

Hello Louise,
Thanks for the awesome bread recipe!I absolutely love the photo ideas..make sit all the more delectable:)

Thanks for linking up!

Hi Tina,
Thanks thanks and more thanks!:)

Sonia,
Sure thing!Drop by whenever you feel like!And thanks a bunch for linking up:)

Thanks all for coming to my space:)
Cheers!

Vivienne said...

looks like fun - i'm in! :) will send you the entry once i get to baking! i've never hosted an event before either (or have a participated in one before this haha), so this is exciting!

no worries about the screensaver :) glad you like the photo!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Great to have you here Vivienne:)Will look forward to your entry!Glad that you liked my event so much!

Cheers!

Carol said...

My family loves bread too! And because I don't bake, we have a breadmaking machine - I'm sorry if you consider that cheating. I like it this way because it is easier and I can control whatever goes into the bread.

Comfy Cook said...

This is a wonderful event. Thanks for hosting it. I hope you will run more events.

Marelie said...

Hello.Found your blog and I love bread..I just linked my old time favorite..Banana Bread/Cake.. Im your newest follower!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hi Carol,
A breakmaking machine sounds neat!I guess anyway you have it done works as long as you enjoy it:)Thanks for dropping by!

Hello Comfy Cook,
I'm so glad to know that you liked my event this much!Thanks for coming and for linking up:)I definitely hope to host more in the future for friends like you!

Hello dear Marelie,
Thanks so much for coming and for linking up!Banana bread is one of my faves too,though I've never tried my hand at making it myself;)Maybe your recipe could be something for me to try!

Thanks again for all the lovely comments.

Cheers!

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely event will send an entry soon

MM said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for inviting me to join your event. I linked up two old posts, but they are my family's favorites: Blueberry Focaccia & Butter Dips.

Thanks for hosting!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Dear MM,
Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up!Well,I did taste Focaccia once and absolutely loved the taste...I believe your homemade version will definitely be tastier:)

Your Butter Dips recipe was awesome as well!

Thanks again and do keep on coming back!

Cheers,
Wit,wok&wisdom

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

What a great event! Wish I had time to participate, but I'll be enjoying all the delicious entries :).

Treat and Trick said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me to join your 1st event. Have linked up my entry. Happy hosting!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Dear Xiaolu,
Glad that you liked my event:)The entries so far have really been fabulous so I hope you enjoy you visit here.Do link up if you can find time...that would be great too!

Hello TnT,
Thanks so much for linking up!That was a fubulous recipe you sent in:)

Cheers!

Sarah said...

I too am a bread lover! My mouth is watering after seeing some of these recipes. Yum! What a great link up.

Trisha said...

Thanks for stopping by and inviting me to be a part of this event ... i will link up soon!!! You have a lovely space here ... I'm u'r newest follower!

Trisha said...

Just linked up the burger buns and garlic rolls!!! Happy hosting!!!

Carrie H said...

Awesome. I am so linking up some good breads. My family eats a lot of baked goods. I'm totally in.

Carrie H said...

I also added a link to you off my blog, so I can be sure to come back and write down some of these yummy ideas. THanks again!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Thanks for coming and loinking up to my event Sarah!:)You just can't imagine how nice it feels..thank you so much!

Thanks for coming and joining me Trisha,and I'm really glad that you liked my space:)Those were two awesome recipes you sent in to my event - thanks a bunch!

Hello Carrie,
Thanks you so much for linking up and a biiiiiig hug for placing a link off your blog...I really appreciate it!I hope you enjoy your stay here and really glad that you like my event so much:)

Thank you all!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations on hosting your first event!

Jaya said...

W3,
Thats a lovely event and congrats on completing one year of blogging..I will link back my recent post soon..Hugs and smiles

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Thanks so much Cynthia!Nice to see you after a looong time and I hope you'll link up one of your amazing recipes to my event:)

Hello Jaya,
Thanks so much!!I really yearned for that lovely loaf of yours to be on my event...and lo and behold:)Thanks a bunch for linking up!

Cheers!

denise @ bread expectations said...

Hi Again!

Thanks for the heads up on your bread event. Loving bread as much as I do, how could I refuse? I do have a lot going on right now, the reason I have been posting so infrequently, but I will try my best to link back either my favourite archived recipe, or come up with something new, specially for your event. Best of luck - hope you have tons of entries!

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hello Denise,
It was a pleasure to see you stop by!!Thanks so much for wishing my event well...and yes,I'm waiting very eagerly for your entry!;)

Cheers!

My Little Space said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. You have such a lovely blog here. And also thanks for your invitation. This is so much fun. Looking forward for sharing. Have a wonderful day.
Blessings, Kristy

Sarah said...

looks like a lovely event. does a dish coated with bread crumbs count?

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hi Kristy,Thanks a bunch for linking up!:)

Hello Sarah!
It sure does count!I already have a lovely recipe with Bread crumbs in the event - so send in yours at the earliest:)

Thanks so much!

Lana said...

I just linked my last recipe, Focaccia:) This is a great blog event! I love baking bread.
Thanks for visiting my site and leaving such a nice comment. Looking forward to reading your blog!

Sarah said...

Ive linked my entry :) Thanks for the quick replies :)

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hello Lana,
Thanks so much for linking up!Its a pleasure to have your lovely Focaccia recipe on my event!
Do drop whenever you want to - and I hope you enjoy your stay:)

Thanks so much Sarah!Thats a lovely cutlet recipe you've linked up:)Looks amazing!

eat, drink n rock said...

thanks so much for posting comments at my lonesome blog..I am so irregular with my blog posts that I feel guilty these days,though I had started it with all the gusto in the world!!! hope to participate in the 'Bread event'.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Dear Eat,Drink n Rock,
I can understand your chagrin...even I'm so irregular at times!But don't worry about the guilt factor..just jump back on track right away and you'll feels lot better:)

Look forward to your entry..you have just about a week...sooo buck up!!

Cheers!

WizzyTheStick said...

Only just stumbled on your blog. Sorry I missed the deadline for the event I would have loved to have sent an entry.

Wit,wok and wisdom said...

Hello dear Wizzy,
No worries at all!I'm planning to host another one pretty soon - so why don't you just keep posted!I'd really love to have a fabulous recipe from you!BTW,I had been to you place in the meantime and its simply beautiful:)

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

google law firm

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!