About Me

My photo
I am a professional and a cook,rather a cook by choice and passion.Cooking is something I fantasise about.When I first thought of starting a blog,a thousand ideas coursed through my mind,albeit,none stood the sands of time.Except for the thought of a food blog accompanied by subtle nuances from daily life and from the world around me!

Search

Feedjit

The Foodie Blogroll

Popular Posts

Today's Top 9!

Join me @Great Cooks

Brownie points!

Brownie points!

I am blogging at...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogroll

free counters

Search for any Food Blog

Your's own!

Subscribe Now

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Friday, February 11, 2011

Scrambled eggs topped Ramen - quick,simple and cool!

There are times when I desperately grapple with my memories - some good, some not so good and some that I so longingly hold onto!To augment this,my memories share a very strange rapport with musical strains.It almost feels like there is this weird propensity to hole up the the strains of a music and the events happening in my life at that point in time, in the same crevice of my brain.So whenever I listen to some familiar melody,I am immediately reminded of events that have happened in the past!A meticulous timekeeper,huh!


Does this happen to everybody?I'm not sure,but it does happen to some people and a couple of my friends can vouch for that!


I am in the mood for some slow and haunting music and surprisingly enough....something with a tinge of soul,something brooding.Yes,at times I do feel that we need to introspect into ourselves and what else to help us do that than some calming,soul-stirring music.Some music for you too,my friends...one of my all-time favorites that I keep on coming back to...again and again...

Enough of heavy introspection - now to some light-hearted food talk! The other day I managed to chance upon an exciting event at Srivalli's lovely space 'Spice your life' and the event calls for simple and easy yet attractive as well as nutritious breakfast recipes for kids.Either something that kids like to eat or we loved to eat as kids.
Well,for me Instant Noodles and Ramen,to be precise,has always been a rocking favorite,even a life-saver at times!I have always cared not to show utter nonchalance to the magical panacea and instead of gulping down the boiled version,I always try to do a mix and match of ingredients here and there just to make the same thing taste differently and appealingly!
So today I will post my recipe for Ramen with scrambled eggs and this post will go out to Srivalli's event as well!Do try out this uberly simple recipe sometime and let me know if it appealed to you taste buds!So long!!


Scrambled eggs topped Ramen


You will need:
Instant Noodles - about 200 gms (2 packs).I used veg Ramen here but any instant noodles can be used so long as you like the taste of the accompanying 'Masala' or spice!
Chicken salami - I used chicken salami roundlets that were there in my freezer.Any salami would be good.
Spring onions - Finely chopped
Red Bell peppers (optional)
Button mushrooms - chopped into small pieces
Cilantro or Parsely leaves for garnish(optional) - Finely chopped


Garlic oil
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper


How I made it:
1. Take about 2 cups of water in a pan and allow it to heat up.Once the water comes to a boil, add the 'Masala' or spice that comes with the instant noodles and give it a stir.


2. Next add the packs of Instant noodles/Ramen into the boiling liquid and allow the strands to slowly become soft and come apart.Do not prod too much with a spoon otherwise the noodles might become mushy.


3.When the strands have just started floating and the noodles is still firm,take off the heat and keep aside.The juices in the Ramen should dry up while it is waiting.


4 In a separate pan,heat about a tablespoon of Garlic oil.In case you do not have Garlic oil,finely chop 2-3 cloves of garlic and add to heated up vegetable or Canola oil.Add the chopped spring onions and cutting the salami roundlets into small strips,add that too to the oil.


5.When the salami strips are fried on both sides,add chopped red bell peppers and the chopped mushrooms.Since this recipe is primarily for kids,I have kept bell peppers optional.Please use only if you require heat,otherwise you can happily do without it as well!


6. When the bell peppers are fried,add in the cooked Instant noodles/Ramen to the onion,salami and peppers in the pan and give a quick stir.Add salt as per taste.The noodles will get slightly fried when you will take it off the heat.
Scrambled eggs
1. Heat a skillet and add a very small amount of oil.Allow to heat up and smear it all round the skillet.
2. Next break in the eggs one by one onto the skillet and allow to settle.Once the lower part is stiff,scramble the eggs,with yolk and all,deftly with a spoon.
3.  Sprinkle a bit of salt over the scrambled egg and sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top.
Arrange the cooked Ramen on a plate and strew the scrambled eggs on top. You can garnish the dish with very finely chopped Cilantro or Parsely,but again that is as per your kid's choice ad hence optional in my recipe!

1 thoughtful musings left behind...:

Srivalli said...

That's such a fantastic dish to kindle childhood memories!..I am reminded of many of my own such delightful days enjoying a bowl of these noodles..thank you for sending the entry..

Post a Comment

It was a pleasure to see you here!Thanks for coming!

If you have spent some time here,I would appreciate that you let me know if you liked my blog.

I will really be glad if you leave your footprints behind.Any suggestions or improvement or just chit-chat is more than welcome!

Hope to see you again!